Turkey & Banana Meatball Bombs
- 1lb lean ground turkey
- 1 Large egg (beaten)
- 3 pieces cooked turkey bacon (diced)
- 3 Medium pearl onions (diced small)
- 1/4 cup crushed pineapple
- 1 Large banana (mashed)
- 1 tablespoon Moores Asian Wing Sauce (or other asian style sauce)
- extra virgin olive oil (for sautéing)
- Pineapple chunks (to garnish)
I wasn’t too sure how this would turn out since the two ingredients were so out of the ballpark. But, they were quite good. The meatball bombs were a bit hard to form since I added the crushed pineapple and it made the meat mix a bit loose. But I did like the fruity flavor it added so I’m going to have to use chopped pineapple chunks next time. And there will be a next time.
To see past challenges and the ingenious recipes our Crazy Ingredient Chefs have come up with, follow my Pinterest board. Follow Lori’s Culinary’s board Crazy Ingredient Challenge on Pinterest.
If you make these meatball bombs (either as a tapa or an appetizer), take a photo & share it to Instagram and tag me (@lorisculinarycreations) & use my hashtag #LorisCulinaryCreations. I want to see your creations!