Skillet Eggs and Tomatoes with Spinach
|Prep time||5 minutes|
|Cook time||20 minutes|
|Total time||25 minutes|
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 Large yellow onion (chopped)
- 1 Large clove garlic (minced)
- 1 can no salt added petite diced tomatoes (slightly drained)
- 1 cup small white beans (drained)
- 1/2 teaspoon sweet smoked paprika
- pepper to taste
- 6 Medium white button mushrooms (sliced)
- 1 cup chopped spinach
- 4 Large eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes (or more if you like spicy)
Add the crushed red pepper for extra zip. If you're a meat lover, stir in some chopped pre-cooked turkey bacon just before you add the eggs.
There you have it. A way to kick the breakfast blues where it counts and try something new and healthy for the new year. Adding the beans was a nice punch of protein that really took this breakfast dish to a new level. Oh yum! Skillet eggs that are perfect. Speaking of eggs, what recipe ideas do you have for me? I would love to hear your ideas! Looking for more ‘out-of-the-box’ breakfast recipes? Look no further. Check out my Pinterest board.
If you make this recipe, and you really should because it’s delicious and healthy, take a picture & share it to Instagram. Don’t forget to tag me (@lorisculinarycreations) & use my hashtag #LorisCulinaryCreations. I want to see your creations!