Layered Spaghetti Squash Casserole with Chicken, Chickpeas and Kale
|Prep time||5 minutes|
|Cook time||35 minutes|
|Total time||40 minutes|
|Meal type||Main Dish|
- 1 Medium spaghetti squash (cooked, seeded and strands removed to a bowl)
- 1 tablespoon light extra virgin olive oil
- 7-8 kale leaves (stems and spines removed, leaves chopped)
- 2 cups chopped cooked chicken breast
- 1 shallot (sliced into rings)
- 2 cloves garlic (minced)
- 1/2 tablespoon chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 cup chickpeas (drained)
- 1 cup halved cherry tomatoes
- 1 cup shredded cheese of choice (I used colby)
Go vegetarian by adding tofu instead of chicken.
If you like lighter dinners that are satisfying AND delicious, this one is for you. I’m so glad I have this late harvest so I can make spaghetti squash casserole at least one more time before the snow hits. YAY!!
Want more chicken recipes? Check out my chicken board on Pinterest. I’ve pinned lots of great recipes from all over the internet.
Follow Lori’s Culinary’s board Chicken & Turkey Recipes on Pinterest.
If you make this recipe, and you really should because it’s delicious and healthy, take a picture & share it to Instagram. Don’t forget to tag me (@lorisculinarycreations) & use my hashtag #LorisCulinaryCreations. I want to see your creations!