Chicken Enchilada Style Stuffed Acorn Squash
|Prep time||10 minutes|
|Cook time||50 minutes|
|Total time||1 hour|
|Meal type||Main Dish|
|From magazine||Food Network Magazine|
- 1 Medium acorn squash (cut in half and seeds removed)
- 4 tablespoons olive oil (divided)
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 Small yellow onion (chopped small)
- 2 tablespoons chopped jarred jalapenos
- 1 clove garlic (minced)
- 1/4-1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 can red enchilada sauce (mild or hot, your choice)
- 1 1/2 cup finely chopped chicken breast (I used roasted strips from the deli section of the store)
- 6oz shredded Mexican cheese
- Sour Cream to top
- tortilla strips for garnish
Add more jalapeño and use a spicy enchilada sauce if you want to kick it up a notch.
Once again… Food Network hit it out of the park! I love Mexican style food and this recipe fit right into my meal rotation. A delicious acorn squash dish with Mexican flair. What’s not to love?
Got chicken? Check out my Pinterest board dedicated to all things chicken and turkey.
Follow Lori’s Culinary’s board Chicken & Turkey Recipes on Pinterest.
If you make this recipe, take a photo & share it to Instagram and tag me (@lorisculinarycreations) & use my hashtag #LorisCulinaryCreations. I want to see your creations!
I am now in the App Store! If you have an apple device, go to your App Store, search “Lori’s Culinary Creations” and download the app for free.