Cheesy Southwest Rice Bake
- 3 cups water
- 3 cups instant rice
- 1 can RO*Tel Tomatoes Original (10 oz can)
- 1/2 Medium yellow onion (chopped)
- 1/2 Large green bell pepper (chopped)
- 1/2 cup frozen corn
- 1/2 can green chilis (6 oz can)
- 2 tablespoons chopped jarred jalapenos
- 1/2 cup canned black beans (drained & rinsed)
- 1 can Old El Paso Red Enchilada sauce (10 oz can)
- 1 teaspoon Two Snooty Chefs Oaxaca Mole Seasoning
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 cups Mexican style shredded cheese
- additional cheese, cilantro and olives for garnish
This is wonderful! If you like your Mexican dishes a bit more spicy, I suggest adding some pepper jack cheese in place of some of the cheddar to give it some additional kick. Hubby isn’t as fond of the spicy foods as I am so I kept it with just cheddar. Still, so good!
For more delicious side dish ideas, visit my Veggies & Sides Pinterest board. I’ve found lots of wonderful recipes all over the internet and have them right here for easy reference.
If you make this recipe, take a photo & share it to Instagram and tag me (@lorisculinarycreations) & use my hashtag #LorisCulinaryCreations. I want to see your creations!
I am now in the App Store! If you have an apple device, go to your App Store, search “Lori’s Culinary Creations” and download the app for free.