- 1 Medium eggplant
- Sea Salt
- grapeseed oil for frying
- 3/4 Medium yellow onion (diced)
- 2 cloves garlic (crushed)
- 1/2 can tomato paste (6 oz can)
- 1 can petite diced tomatoes (14.5 oz can)
- 1/4 cup low sodium chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons cabernet wine
- 1 teaspoon basil
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- 2 teaspoons Two Snooty Chefs Italiano Seasoning
- 1/2 cup kale (chopped fine)
- 1/2 cup ricotta cheese
- 1 Large egg (slightly beaten)
- 1 teaspoon lemon peel seasoning
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded italian blend cheese
- salt & pepper to taste
For the most part, I halved her recipe since there is just the two of us and I substituted diced tomatoes for tomato sauce as well as added the Italian cheese blend and wine. I did use the full portion of garlic since that’s a favorite in this house and omitted the onion powder since I put a lot of diced onion in the sauce. I love a chunky sauce.
Now you all know how skeptical hubby can be with some of my recipes, but he really dove into this one. I love eggplant so finding a new way to make it is a bonus. I’ve made lasagna rolls before and I love them, however this is a way to have a lighter version and the eggplant so so flavorful. If you want a nice vegetarian meal, replace the chicken broth with vegetable broth and you have a recipe that will delight even the most picky eater. Thank you to Andrea for allowing me to discover this deliciousness!
Take a moment and click on some of the links in the collection below to see what other members of the Secret Recipe Club cooked up. I love getting to know all these blogs.
Don’t forget to stop on by Adventures in All Things Food and check out more of her delicious recipes.
If you want to see more from the Secret Recipe Club, follow my Pinterest board.
I am now in the App Store! If you have an apple device, go to your App Store, search “Lori’s Culinary Creations” and download the app for free.