Slow Cooker Italian Chicken
|Prep time||5 minutes|
|Cook time||4 hours, 30 minutes|
|Total time||4 hours, 35 minutes|
- 4 Medium chicken thighs
- 3 cloves garlic (chopped)
- 1/4 teaspoon Himalayan pink salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 Large yellow onion (thinly sliced)
- 1 teaspoon Italian Seasoning
- 1 can diced tomatoes (14.5 oz can, no salt added)
- 1 1/2 cup low sodium chicken broth
- 3-4 cloves roasted garlic (smashed)
- 1 3/4 cup cooked great northern beans
- 2 cups fresh spinach leaves
- 1/2 cup fresh basil (chopped)
- 1 Fat handful orzo
Like Anna said when she made her slow cooker Italian Style Chicken, this one came out a bit soupy with the liquid from the tomatoes and chicken broth. I decided during the last 20 minutes of cook time to toss in a handful of orzo. Orzo cooks up rather quickly and would help soak up some of the liquid and add some more texture to the meal. I think it was well worth it.
Her recipe called for boneless skinless chicken thighs and I only had “bone-in” thighs so I just used them. They were fall-off-the-bone delicious and perfectly cooked. The seasonings were a great compliment to the chicken. This was a “winner, winner, chicken dinner.”
Take a moment and click on some of the links in the collection to see what other members of the Secret Recipe Club cooked up. There are tons of goodies! I’m so glad to have found this group and am excited to check everyone’s creations.
If you make this recipe, take a photo & share it to Instagram and tag me (@lorisculinarycreations) & use my hashtag #LorisCulinaryCreations. I want to see your creations!
I am now in the App Store! If you have an apple device, go to your App Store, search “Lori’s Culinary Creations” and download the app for free.