Happy Father’s Day everyone! I hope you all have some fun plans to celebrate Dad on this day… spoil him, cook some delicious dinners, take him to a ball game.. whatever it is your Dad loves to do.. after all, it’s his day!! And if Dad likes grilled pork chops, then this is one you can whip up for him. Topped with fresh kale, fuji apples and garlic all simmered in a pear juice, this is one delicious chop recipe Dad will love.
I lost my Dad last October and tomorrow is going to be a challenge. My nephew is having a barbecue and asked me to cook something so I will. It will be a nice distraction for me. But, for those of you who want to make Dad a nice dinner, this is for sure an option.
Grilled Pork Chops with Sauteed Apples and Kale
- 3 cups Kristine Regale Sparkling Pear Juice (divided)
- 1 1/2 cup white wine (divided)
- 1 teaspoon McCormick's Garlic Pepper Grinder
- 1 heaped tablespoon chopped green onion
- 2 Medium Fuji apples (chopped)
- 1/2 bunch fresh kale (rinsed and stems chopped off)
- 1 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 - 1 tablespoon corn starch
- 2 medium slices boneless pork chops
- 1 teaspoon pork seasoning
- salt and pepper to taste
This is a fruity plate of deliciousness. Hubby thought it was a brilliant idea to use the sparkling pear juice, nicely provided to me by Kristian Regale to review. Since I didn’t use the entire bottle for this dish, it was also my dinner drink. The flavor of the pear juice along with the bubbles really gave those apples a light fruity flavor that enhanced their own natural sweetness. Good stuff!
So if you need an idea for a topping for grilled pork chops, this is certainly one to try. Add the kale and you get a nice nutritional boost along with some nice texture.