Lit’l Smokies are one of my favorite snacks and appetizers for parties. This year for the big game, I was tasked with bringing two appetizers to the party. The first was my Football Cheese Ball and the second was this Lit’l Smokies Appetizer. These two should be a crowd pleaser right? And it was.
This recipe is so easy. In fact, all the ingredients are placed in a slow cooker and left to simmer for a couple of hours. And you can just leave them in the slow cooker as your guest can help themselves and you can spend less time in the kitchen and more time with your guests.
Tangy Slow Cooker Smokies
|Prep time||10 minutes|
|Cook time||2 hours|
|Total time||2 hours, 10 minutes|
- 3 Packages Lil Smokies, cheddar flavor (13 oz each)
- 5 Strips bacon (all fat trimmed off & cut into 1)
- 1/2 Medium yellow onion (diced)
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1 teaspoon Colman's powdered mustard
- 1 tablespoon A-1 steak sauce
- 1 1/2 tablespoon worcheshire sauce
- 1 tablespoon garlic (minced)
- 1 cup Sweet Baby Rays Hickory Smoked BBQ Sauce
- 1 bottle Sweet Baby Rays Honey BBQ Sauce (28 oz)
- 1/2 cup Evan Williams Whiskey
There you have it. A simple appetizer that is full on tangy flavor and quite the crowd pleaser. I like how all the ingredients blended together and the Lit’l Smokies appetizer was a hit at our Super Bowl event. Even though the Bronco’s lost (boo hop), at least the food was good.