I know football season has come and gone. Some of us are sad about it and some of us are thinking “Wahoo!! Sunday freedom!” I’m sad my 49ers didn’t make it to the big game, but there is always next year. When the games are on, I usually like to make a bunch of appetizers and invite the crowd over. This year, I wanted to make a crab cheese ball, but make it festive as well. So, with a bunch of ingredients and a package of pepperoni, a simple appetizer became a decoration as well as a snack.
This recipe was inspired by my love for pepperoni and cheese. And cheese balls.
Football Shaped Crab Cheese Ball
|Prep time||1 hour, 10 minutes|
- 3 tablespoons parmesan cheese (shredded)
- 3/4 cups plain cream cheese (softened)
- 3/4 cups chive and onion cream cheese (softened)
- 3/4 cups veggie cream cheese (softened)
- 1 tablespoon Frank's Red Hot Sauce
- 2 cans lump crabmeat (6oz each, drained)
- 1/4 cup mild cheddar cheese (shredded)
- 1 teaspoon garlic (minced)
- 20 Slices pepperoni
- 1 Slice swiss cheese
It may not have been a fancy schmancy crab cheese ball, but it sure was delicious. I served it with Triscuit crackers since they are sturdy enough to hold onto the cheese and won’t fall apart easy. Since it’s no longer football season, you can shape the crab cheese ball into a basketball, or baseball or maybe even a snowboard to celebrate the Olympics. In any case, this is a versatile snack to share with your family and friends.