This is a great recipe I found on Allrecipes.com and it contains a variety of great ingredients. I love cooking with apples and this gave me an opportunity to do it once again.
Ingredients – Serves 4
2 skinless, boneless chicken breasts
1/2 cup chopped apple
2 tablespoons shredded Cheddar cheese
1 tablespoon Italian-style dried bread crumbs
1 tablespoon butter
1/4 cup dry white wine
1/4 cup water
1 tablespoon water
1 1/2 teaspoons cornstarch
1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley, for garnish
1. Combine apple, cheese, and bread crumbs. Set aside. The original recipe I found online did not include parmesan, but I added it anyway.
2. Flatten chicken breasts between sheets of waxed paper to 1/4 inch thickness. I used clear plastic wrap since I didn’t have wax paper. And the plastic wrap keeps “chicken splat” from going all over the counter.
3. Now, if you’re looking for perfect pinwheel chicken breasts in a perfect circle, think again. When you pound out a chicken breast, more often the shape of the final product looks more like a map of the Texas then a perfect symetical oval. Mine turned out pretty ugly.
4. Divide apple mixture between chicken breasts, and roll up each breast. Secure with toothpicks. With the way my flat chicken was shaped, toothpicks were a challenge. I made a mental note to use string and tie those baby’s up next time.
5. Melt butter or margarine in a 7 inch skillet over medium heat. Brown stuffed chicken breasts. Add wine and 1/4 cup water. Cover. Simmer for 15 to 20 minutes, or until chicken is no longer pink.
6. Transfer chicken to a serving platter. Combine 1 tablespoon water and cornstarch; stir into juices in pan. Cook and stir until thickened. Pour gravy over chicken, and garnish with parsley. Serve.
For more delicious chicken ideas, click below and hop over to my Chicken & Turkey Recipe Board on Pinterest
Follow Lori’s Culinary’s board Chicken & Turkey Recipes on Pinterest.