Mexican Style Corn & Pasta Salad
|Prep time||15 minutes|
|Cook time||15 minutes|
|Total time||30 minutes|
|Meal type||Salads, Side Dish|
|Misc||Pre-preparable, Serve Cold|
|Occasion||Barbecue, Casual Party|
- 1lb rigatoni pasta (cooked according to package directions)
- 2 cans sweet corn (14.5 oz can, rinsed & drained)
- 1 can low sodium black beans (rinsed & drained)
- 1 cup red cherry tomatoes (cut in half)
- 1 cup yellow cherry tomatoes (cut in half)
- 3/4 cups black olives (sliced)
- 1/2 Large shallot (minced)
- 1/4-1/2 Large fresh jalapeno (seeds removed and minced)
- 1 can roasted green chiles (4 oz can, rinsed & drained)
- 2 Medium avocado (diced)
- 1 cup low fat mayonnaise
- 5-6 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 - 1 1/2 tablespoon Two Snooty Chefs Southwest Sedona Seasoning (or your favorite southwest or Mexican seasoning blend)
- 1 teaspoon Chalula Sauce (or your favorite hot sauce)
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 3/4 cups crumbled cotija cheese
- tortilla strips for garnish
If you're making this for a party and making it ahead of time, chill the salad before adding the dressing and avocado. You can add them and the garnish just before serving.
_____________________________________The family thought this was perfect with tacos. The best part is you can use any kind of pasta you have in the pantry including a cheese tortellini. I think that would be good too. This salad can also stand on it’s own as a light summer dinner idea with some chopped grilled chicken. The possibilities are endless!!
If you crave more salad or side dish recipes, check out my Pinterest board.
If you make this recipe, and you really should because it’s perfect for your next taco party, take a picture & share it to Instagram. Don’t forget to tag me (@lorisculinarycreations) & use my hashtag #LorisCulinaryCreations. I want to see your creations!