Years ago, my sister would make her Lasagna Rolls for the holidays. Although it’s not the traditional turkey or ham, this entree became a family tradition for us. She would use spinach, ricotta and sausage as her main ingredients. This time, I took the sausage out and made it a vegetarian version.
This one is super easy and like many other recipes on this site, very versatile and customizable. And a great way to use leftovers. You can pretty much roll anything up into these noodles to make it your very own.
Spinach Lasagna Roll-Ups
- 5-6 lasagna noodles (cooked)
- 2 cups chopped fresh spinach
- 1 1/2 cup low fat ricotta cheese
- 1/4 Medium yellow onion (chopped small)
- 1 Large egg
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 Large clove garlic (crushed)
- 2 tablespoons italian seasoning
- salt and pepper to taste
- 4 white mushrooms (chopped)
- 1-3 cup favorite pasta sauce
Is this a mirror copy of my sisters? No, of course not. But it’s close (and meatless) so I think even she would love it!
For more pasta style recipes, follow my pasta board on Pinterest