Baked Chicken Thighs with Spinach and Tomatoes

by Lori Hart on July 15, 2014

Baked Chicken Thighs with Spinach and Tomatoes  l  www.lorisculinarycreations.com  l  #chicken #baked #recipe

I’m on day 10 of my Weight Watchers journey and am really enjoying my newest cooking adventures. As I said a few days back, Hubby decided to do the Atkins program. This makes dinners a bit difficult since he wants the no carb options and I’m all about veggies. I made these baked chicken thighs for dinner to please us both. He liked the chicken and spinach and I liked the whole thing. And it meant all the tomatoes were mine.

I can’t get enough cherry tomatoes these days. If you noticed, between that and kale, my recipes have been dominated by these two. No problem though. They’re both good for you and really add a lot to the recipes. Rather then another kale recipe today, I made this chicken dish with fresh spinach I had in my veggie drawer.

_________________________________________

Baked Chicken Thighs with Spinach & Tomatoes

Ingredients

• 1/2 cup white wine
  • 1 teaspoon garlic (minced)
  • 1/4 bunch fresh spinach (stems cut off)
  • 10 cherry tomatoes
  • 2 chicken thighs (bone in)
  • salt and pepper to taste
  • 2 teaspoons Mrs. Dash Garlic & Herb
  • 6 marcielle basil leaves (sliced)

Directions

Step 1
Pre-heat the oven to 425 degrees
Step 2
Baked Chicken Thighs with Spinach and Tomatoes l www.lorisculinarycreations.com l #chicken #baked #recipe
Add the wine, garlic, spinach and tomatoes to a baking dish. Lay the chicken in the mix and season with salt, pepper and Mrs. Dash. I like to add a bit of the Mrs. Dash under the skin. Top with basil leaves. Bake, uncovered for 40 minutes.

_________________________________________

I’ll make this again, thank you. It fit within both our diets, although he had a different side then I did. It’s tasty and easy enough to whip up on busy weeknights. I really like chicken and this one hit the mark quite well.

For more ideas like these baked chicken thighs, follow my chicken & turkey Pinterest board.

Follow Lori’s Culinary’s board Chicken & Turkey Recipes on Pinterest.

{ 9 comments… read them below or add one }

Katerina July 17, 2014 at 12:46 am

This is definitely a meal I would love to try!
Katerina recently posted…Stromboli Filled with Mediterranean ChickenMy Profile

Kristi Rimkus July 19, 2014 at 10:52 am

Hi Lori! You and I have a log in common. We like to blog about healthy food and recipes. I just started a Family Pleasing Healthy Recipes Pinterest board and I’m looking for contributors whose focus is healthy cooking. If you’re interested, drop me and email and I’ll send you the link to follow the board so I can send you and invite. Have a terrific weekend!
Kristi Rimkus recently posted…Roasted Eggplant Parmesan Pocket Sandwiches with Portobello MushroomsMy Profile

Lori Hart July 20, 2014 at 9:22 am

Thank you! I’ve just sent you an email. Have a great day

Diatta @ Femme Fitale Fit Club July 23, 2014 at 1:55 pm

This dish looks absolutely positively FABULOUS. I have all of the ingredients at home and definitely plan to try it. Between you and GOGO Mountain Girl with these recipes – I won’t know what to do with myself. #wowlinkup
Diatta @ Femme Fitale Fit Club recently posted…Workout Wednesday – WOW Link Up #37My Profile

Amanda H July 24, 2014 at 9:22 am

Yum! I loveeee cherry tomatoes too! #wowlinkup
Amanda H recently posted…What I Ate Wednesday – Vegan Before 6 EditionMy Profile

GiGi Eats July 24, 2014 at 10:56 am

CHICKEN!!!! I AM OBSESSED. I have the biggest chicken obsession EVER! I just cannot go a day without it, just like salmon! Ha! And I am in love with this recipe because tomatoes and spinach rock my socks off too!
GiGi Eats recently posted…Poppin’ Tarts In The KitchenMy Profile

April July 28, 2014 at 4:21 pm

I’m going to have to try this too! I love spinach and tomatoes! Pinning! Thanks for sharing!

Your co-host from Creative Style Linkup ~~April~~
April recently posted…5 Piece Wine Accessory Set by Ozeri {Review}My Profile

Kimberly July 28, 2014 at 7:28 pm

I getting so hungry looking at your creations! Pinned. Hugs~ Lou Lou Girls
Kimberly recently posted…Lou Lou Girls Fabulous Party #17My Profile

Stephanie July 28, 2014 at 10:11 pm

Can’t wait to try this one! Thank you so much for linking up at Tasty Tuesday! Your recipe has been pinned to the Tasty Tuesday Pinterest board! Please join us again this week!
Stephanie recently posted…Tasty Tuesday: Garden Vegetable Lasagna & Link UpMy Profile