≡ Menu

Copycat Fast Food Breakfast Sandwiches

Fast Food Breakfast Sandwich

Admit it… if you are like me, you are crunched for time in the mornings with getting ready for work and/or getting kids ready to get out the door and get to school on time. I am not a morning person. At all. I will sleep until the last possible second before I have to get up, shower and run out the door. Frequently this means breakfast on the go and I will often stop for a fast food breakfast sandwiches at the nearest fast food joint. But, that gets costly and you also never really know how they prepare it so that may mean lots of extra fat and calories. So, why not make a bunch at home a head of time, freeze them and have them at the ready when you’re running late? That’s exactly what I did yesterday.

This is actually quite easy and I had them done in a snap. I purchased a couple of those egg ring things at Bed Bath & Beyond so I can cook up my egg in the perfect little round shape to fit on my english muffin.

Fast Food Breakfast Sandwiches

The ingredients are simple and the results are delicious breakfast sandwiches that you can assemble and freeze for those busy mornings.

______________________

Copycat Fast Food Breakfast Sandwiches

Serves 6
Prep time 5 minutes
Cook time 15 minutes
Total time 20 minutes
Allergy Egg, Milk
Meal type Breakfast
Misc Child Friendly, Freezable, Pre-preparable
Make your fast food breakfast sandwich at home

Ingredients

• 8 Large eggs (beaten)
  • 6 english muffins
  • 6 Slices american or swiss cheese
  • 6 Slices canadian bacon

Note

Add veggies to your egg mix for more flavor and texture

Directions

Step 1
Fast Food Breakfast Sandwiches
Heat skillet or griddle to medium high heat
Step 2
Fast Food Breakfast Sandwiches
Spray the egg rings with cooking spray. Spray the griddle with cooking spray. Pour 1/6 of the mix into each ring and cook until firm, flipping once during the process. Repeat 3 times until you have 6 egg patties
Step 3
Assemble your sandwich with one egg patty, one bacon, one cheese inside each english muffin. Serve immediately.
Step 4
To freeze, wrap each sandwich in foil and place in a sandwich sized freezer bag. To reheat, unwrap the sandwich and wrap in a paper towel. Cook in the microwave for one minute. Turn in over and cook an additional 30 seconds. Enjoy!

______________________

For nutrition information, please click the Magic Button

Super easy to make and super tasty. Be warned though. If your skillet or griddle isn’t perfectly flat, some of the egg mix will run outside the ring. They key is to have your pan hot and pour just a little in at first to build your “base” before filling up the ring.

Fast Food Breakfast Sandwiches

Save time and save money with these homemade copycat fast food breakfast sandwiches. You can easily customize this by using entirely egg whites, add veggies to the egg mi or even change your cheese/meat. If you are vegetarian, there are options such as veggie bacon or veggie ham to use. It’s so versatile that your sandwich can be different every day.  And, for me, the time savings is essential…. I can hit the snooze button just one more time….

How do you save time in the morning? I can certainly use your tips!!

For more breakfast ideas, click below to visit my Breakfast Recipe Pinterest board
Follow Lori’s Culinary’s board Breakfast on Pinterest.

{ 13 comments… add one }

• Kathleen @ Fearlessly Creative Mammas January 14, 2014, 1:10 pm

Great idea Lori! I make my husband breakfast each morning before work, but these would be great for when I’m out of town!
    Kathleen @ Fearlessly Creative Mammas recently posted…Tips & Tricks: Cold Weather Meals/Easy SoupsMy Profile

• Alison Moore Smith January 15, 2014, 1:55 pm

Great idea. Are you going to post more copycats? Taking requests? :)
    Alison Moore Smith recently posted…Dixie Allen, Common Core, and Why We HomeschoolMy Profile

• Nadine January 16, 2014, 12:35 pm

Can you freeze these egg cups?

• Michelle January 19, 2014, 8:36 am

I make a similar version. I have the ring but, it always leaks. I use the white tub that cake icing comes in(seems to fit the muffin perfect!). I usually make some Jimmy Dean sausage ahead. I spray coat the bottom of the icing tub, put a small amount of sausage in it, crack an egg on top, swish it around to cover and pop it in the micro for appro 1:10 min and check it..sometimes may take a few extra seconds. Put the muffin in the toaster. When done add your butter(on the muffin), cheese, and tip the tub of egg onto your muffin and it is delish! You can do this while you are getting ready to go to work.

• Shrinking Momster January 20, 2014, 8:57 pm

Hi! Part of your Sits Tribe here. I’ve never used an egg ring, but I have made eggs in the microwave in a coffee mug. They come out round and go on the muffin easily.
    Shrinking Momster recently posted…Weight loss success: My pink elephant robe fits!My Profile

• Debi and Charly @ Adorned From Above January 21, 2014, 6:01 pm

Hi Lori,
    My mom makes these for all of the grandkids. They call them Grandma McMuffins. Too funny. Your’s looks delicious and much for professional then ours.
    Have a great week.
    Debi and Charly @ Adorned From Above
    Debi and Charly @ Adorned From Above recently posted…Coupons for the Week of 1/20/14My Profile

• jj January 21, 2014, 6:08 pm

What a great idea! I make a similar breakfast sandwich sometimes, but it has never occurred to me to try freezing it!

• Valentina @ The Baking Fairy January 24, 2014, 2:26 pm

This is such a smart idea! I’ve make breakfast sandwiches before, I just never thought to freeze them. And I might have to invest in those egg rings! When I made them, I would cook the eggs in a muffin tin with one egg per cavity, but that was usually too thick. Thanks for sharing!
    Valentina @ The Baking Fairy recently posted…ultimate veggie grilled cheese {feat. MELT buttery spread}My Profile

• Cynthia January 25, 2014, 11:17 am

This is a great idea! I love a quick breakfast, but don’t like going out for it. Thanks for linking to the In and Out of the Kitchen Link Party. Hope to see you next week.

• mmommyondemand January 25, 2014, 4:02 pm

These are my favorite! I personally think it is healthier to make at home then McDonalds! Thanks for sharing at The Weekend Retreat, hope to see you back next Thursday.

• Jamie @ Love Bakes Good Cakes January 26, 2014, 10:54 pm

This is one of my husband’s favorite breakfasts! Thanks for linking up to Freedom Fridays! Pinned!

• Heather G. @ Golden Reflections Blog February 2, 2014, 10:03 pm

My husband would love this for breakfast sometime! Thanks for linking up to Good Tips Tuesday! Pinned!
    Heather G. @ Golden Reflections Blog recently posted…My House is Made Of Shapes Puzzle Printable Packet: Pre-writing Activities for Kids SeriesMy Profile